WOTRANCE Puts You In Trance





During Hypefest, we had the opportunity to connect with many people, and we especially met the Wotrance gang. A gathering of aspirational people coming from Denmark.  We are so glad that they agreed to do an interview with us  as we know that they are very talented and have a strong identity coming from their creative process. The brand is not only a clothing brand, but a movement with lots of energy and inspiration; it includes clothing, spirituality, visual art and poetry. 

INTERVIEW


Can you introduce yourselves?

KARISHA: I am Karisha, I am a fashion designer and the artistic director in the WOTRANCE movement. I create street fashion for men with a visionary of embracing their personal legend within their lifestyle. My main focus is to embody the energy of highflyer in my designs and inspire the future generation to follow their truth along with self-determination.

SOUADE: I’m Souade, I go by the name of ‘theneosoulethic’, which is my alias for my writings. I’m one of the artists in the WOTRANCE movement and I mostly focus on visual and textual art. 

How do you pronounce the name of your brand?

KARISHA: ‘WOTRANCE’ : ‘WO’ stands for the hidden African tribe ‘WODAABE’. When I first discovered this mystic tribe, I immediately connected with their energy and the idea of what life is all about! When you look deeper into their world, you feel that there is no borderline between fantasy and real life. I’ve always believed in magic and now I want to blend in illusion and reality in my designs to bring that powerful experience out. The real magic in life is withing yourself - in growing and becoming more comfortable with who you are. The more you find yourself the more you tap into your creativity and your purpose in life.
When we say ‘WOTRANCE’ we mean that we will put you in a TRANCE to take you to the journey of discovering your self-worth, values and releasing your inner truth.

What does your brand stand for?

KARISHA: WOTRANCE is a movement that combines different art forms such as fashion, art, poetry, videography and photography. Through different creative projects we strive to be one of the voices for change, provide a support system, quality and enlightenment to those who follow our 
movement. 





How did you meet?

SOUADE: Karisha and I, we met and became really good friends. After a while we found that we have the same aspirations in life. We are both creative people. So at first the brand was called Wodaabe. Then we met the third member of Wotrance, Josef and all immediately clicked vision-wise. We started talking about working together and creating together. We go way back, but from 2014 the full team was created. What really connected us all is the dream to make a change and inspire others around the world. Our main goal is to create change through our art and projects. With Wotrance, we are seeing bigger and more life-changing projects, and with all the passion and dreams of all of us we really believe it’s going to happen! It's all about giving back!

What are your inspirations?

KARISHA:  My inspiration is life!  Life is magical! As a very spiritual person, I posses supernatural abilities, I feel a very strong sense of purpose, that I am on this planet for a reason. I experience people’s feelings and energies like my own and that creates a big chaos in my mind that brings a whole other level to my creative thinking. My inspiration is coming from my interest in people, especially those who are loyal to themselves. During my creative journey I came across two very powerful individuals whom I now call WOTRANCE ambassadors! When I am around them (Sad Bastard and Malo) I feel like they are from another planet, like they were never humans to begin with. They bring real magic and rebel against the negative vibrations of this world and awaken the humanity to their true identity. My inspiration is not just some aspects of hip hop, great designers or upcoming trends; it’s a philosophy of life. Our ambassadors shared their wisdom saying: ‘Once you understand the secret, you will be comfortable in any situation’. Now you must understand how that inspires me!? I want to create fashion that will encourage people’s spiritual comfort and keep them fully activated. 
Along with my partner Souade we are trying to blend in her poetry with my designs. When you look at it, you can really experience magical power of her poetic word.  

SOUADE: Yea as Karisha just explained, I am a poet and we have both chosen to connect our art forms into one. I write poetry and I make films to showcase my poetry. I’m really inspired by religion and how it fits into society. Like the indigo kids - they are all about the energy of the universe and how it connects together. With Karisha's designs - the whole style and how it makes you feel - I truly vibe with it, and my words come to live when put on the actual clothing. It gives the clothing meaning life and energy - And together it becomes a source of inspiration.



What are your backgrounds?

SOUADE: In general I study French and English Business Communications in Denmark . I have a side job as well where I work in a youth center - And Wotrance is my baby! It is where I can show my true self. 

KARISHA: I have finished my Bachelor Degree in Design and Business in Teko school in Denmark. I was lucky enough to work with a Danish designer like Astrid Andersen whom has thought me a lot about the fashion industry. Right now I dedicate all my time to WOTRANCE movement and its grows.

How did you feel about the Hypefest event?

KARISHA: I think it was a nice experience that gave us the opportunity to meet great people! Next year, we are invited to participate at Hip Hop Fashion week in Paris on the 17th of October as well!

SOUADE: I liked it too. I think it was a great way to see and feel out how the French audience was gonna receive our art. Especially for me, since my work is creative writing and media. I was actually positively surprised by how people received it. Especially because of the language barrier. 

Is this your first collection?

KARISHA: Yes, it is my first successful collection.

Was it your first time in France?

KARISHA: I love France, it’s a great place to be inspired and connect with like minded people.

SOUADE: Yes, I have been to France before, but this is my first time in Paris! I’m thinking about coming next year for student exchange.

What's next?

There is a lot coming up for Wotrance. Our next focus is opening an online shop and creating a WOTRANCE office in Copenhagen!


Check out WOTRANCE LookBook 2015 here: 


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig