Tribute To My Home


Those pictures were taken back in 2014 in Mayotte ( were I was born). Mayotte is an Island that is part the 4 islands that consist of the Comoros archipelago.  Those photos are a tribute to the woman of my archipelago and especially my mum. 
What i'm wearing in this picture is what we call a Chiromani. It is basically a daily outfit for the women of my country. We are wearing it on the top of our regular outfit. The Chiromani comes from India but was popularized in the archipelago by the women of Anjouan who were the first to adopt the fabric. 
For my face, i 'm wearing what we call the Msindzano. Which is used as a beauty mask and also as sunscreen. However, here i tried to reproduce the way the women of my home are styling it for weddings or other important occasions. On my hands, henna, that i put during a brief  visit to my mother in Grande Comore.

I hope that you will appreciate the photos and that it will encourage you to sick more about Comorian culture. Making those photos was a lot of fun and thank you Amina for helping me. 

Hafsoi 









SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig